It's been a whirlwind fall so far and I can't believe it's almost over!! I've shot weddings on islands and on mountains, hiked in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and knit with all of the coziest yarns. This blog is the best compilation I could come up with to share some of my favorite things about fall in photos and words and even a little video of my first time ever pressing apple cider! I hope everyone else has been enjoying the colder nights and changing leaves as much as I have! XO
The 5 Best Things About Fall in New England
- Hiking. It's cool enough not to sweat like crazy and the hills are on fire with reds, oranges and golds. Tumbledown, Baldface Loop, Kearsarge North, and Pleasant Mountain are my favorite not too far from Portland adventures.
- Spiced Everything. And I'm not talking about the PSL. I'm talking about spiced pumpkin muffins(or pancakes or waffles), spiced hot apple cider, spiced shortbread cookies, spiced hot toddy's... the list could go on I'm sure.
- Knitting. Yes, I know I do this year round, but knitting when it's actually cold enough to want to snuggle up under a wool blanket or sweater I'm working on is the best.
- Tea Drinking. Yes, I know I also do this year round, but a steaming cup of hot chai or Earl Grey morning, noon and night is even more delightful when I'm wearing my wicked good slippers and a fuzzy flannel.
- Winter. My favorite season of all is right around the corner! With each frosty morning we are one day closer to ski season! Let's hope it's a good one this year in the north east!